1. Plan as early as possible
By planning in advance, you can make sure you do not waste any time running around, looking for something at the last moment. Make a to-do list and stick to it. This way, everything gets done on time. This will also make sure you do not stress over unnecessary things.
2. Don’t wait too long to hire packers and movers
As most people move between May and September, the best moving companies will be in great demand. The high demand for movers means that if you fail to book a top-rated moving company in advance, you may have to settle for a less reputable one. They may not necessarily be bad movers but a mediocre moving company will hardly be able offer good quality services. You can reduce your stress by booking a trustworthy mover in advance as soon as your move is confirmed. Advance booking may also help you get a discount in the price.
3. Take control of your packing
Packing for the move is one of the most important tasks. While your movers will take care of all the major things, you still need to pack your personal belongings. Make sure you don’t leave it for the last moment.
4. Pack heat sensitive items carefully
When packing your belongings, be aware that not everything can stay safe in a hot moving truck for hours. Some of the things can get damaged in the heat. Make sure to pack these things separately. Make sure that the moving company is extra careful when packing electronic items, DVD’s, CD’s, candles, food and plants.
5. Stay safe in the summer heat
The last things you’d want on the moving day would be you or a family member falling sick. We know moving can be overwhelming. But don’t let it get to you. Here’s what you can do to beat the heat on the moving day
- Stay hydrated. Keep drinking enough water to beat the heat and reduce stress levels.
- Wear light cotton clothes and apply enough sunscreen
- Have cold towels on hand. Remember that there won’t be any air conditioners or fans in the house. Wet towels will be a great relief when you’re tired and sweaty.
- You need to take care of heat-related illnesses like headaches, nausea, dizziness, weakness, fainting, muscle cramps, seizures. Anyone exhibiting these symptoms should take a break for some time, lie down drink plenty of fluids and recover.